Friday, April 20, 2012

TREASURES


Mini albums are little treasures that make a big impact!  They're all over the net, in craft stores and scrapbook stores.  Crafty people are creating them to fit their event.  I've loved making them for a long time now.  What is more intimidating than staring at a blank 12x12 page?  What is NOT intimidating is a 6x6 or 5x7 or any size page you wish to make it.  

I love glitter and bling and adore Shabby Chic.  So my albums have a lot of embellishments ~ pouffy embellishments!  I use pockets and tags to get more space for journaling and pockets to hold more pictures.  I cram a lot of trinkets in these albums and get them finished in a day or two, unlike several of the 12x12 albums I have yet to finish :-/  This is one I put together for a fund raiser for a friend who is walking for the Susan G. Koman "Race for the Cure."  My scrapbook store, Scrappin' Goodtime, held the event and the little book got raffled off.

The paper is "Sole Sister" by "Imaginisce."
 Its 6x6 and the "Cinch" by We R Memory Keepers 
was used to bind it. Two crystals hang from the 
binding with a Tim Holtz idea-ology "Corked Vial" 
with a ticket in it.
 Envelopes trimmed and covered with paper hold tags.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 
"Speak softly and carry a big lipstick"  Stamp by Stamping Up
 ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 
"Dear Lord..." Stamp by Stampabilities
 "Let's go shopping....." Stamp by American Art Stamp

I like to think outside the box and scrap outside the book.  The more stuff that hangs
out the happier I am - because - that means I managed to fit more in than was intended! 
 Since I any pictures to fit, I left the pages simple for whomever won it. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Have you ever gone jewelry shopping for your scrapbook??  If you haven't hang around.  I'll show you some things I've done with old jewelry that puts the Chic in Shabby!!  


Thanks so much for stopping by, 
Please come back, maybe I'll sweep next time!

And Remember to Live the Live you Love and Love the Life you Live!

No comments:

Post a Comment