Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Trending - Smash Books

For awhile I thought Smash Books were on their way out.  Then I discovered there are Baby & Wedding Smash Books.   So I'm thinking they're going to be around a while longer and I'm super excited!!

 When I think of a journal I think long laborious musings that are deep and profound or emotional and morose written by a melancholy soul.   Or the pink book with a lock I had as a teenager that was full of dreams, wishes and teen aged angst! 

I got my first Smash when they first came out because, well, because  I wanted to be on the cutting edge of scrapdom. Didn't quite know how to fill it so I searched the web and low and behold!  I'd done this very thing as a kid.

Save your tabs, tickets, stubs,  feathers, shells, ribbons, maps, brochures, snippets of touresty things and anything else that makes memories for you.  Just be sure to save room for photos.  Because they're meant to be a quick way to create memories, you can journal as much or as little as you have time for about the event. Let your ephemera tell your story.

I'm already planning how to expand my Smash Book for a trip we're taking to D.C. in the fall - fold outs and waterfalls maybe??

If you haven't gotten one of these little Treasures, you should.  Stare at it awhile, decide on one thing to Smash and once your creating mojo starts buzzing, you won't know when to stop!

Gotta go for now, thanks for stopping by.  I'll put the coffee on next time.

Remember to love the life you live & live the life you love :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment