Monday, July 2, 2012

Tom Holtz and Little Treasures

HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY WEEK!!

I hope all of you are planning a wonderful 
holiday to celebrate our Nations Birthday!
 Coming in the middle of the week only 
gives us one day off but  we plan to make 
the most of it.

I 've been working on mini albums and 
that's why I call them Little Treasures.  
This one uses lotsof Tim Holtz do-dads
 as well as his paper and his d-ring
 binder. Here's the finished album.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

Here is the chipboard cover.  I used 
Tim Holtz ResistPaper and tinted it with
  his Peeled Paint Distress Ink.  I love the 
resist paper. I embossed the chipboard
 bicycle with Rusty Nail Embossing Powder
 (not Tim's) and it gives it a metal look. 
 Then a crumpled and distressed "Dream
 Ticket" from his collection, a bingo piece, a
 couple of metal pieces and a zipper pull.  
The Rosette is, of course, Tim's  
"Rosette Dye."




This is the inside cover, more resist paper,
 a little envelope & tag, some bakers twine
 and another ticket.




I used Barn Door Distress Ink on
this page.



Another distressed Ticket,  Metal Cogs, 
a Charm and a couple of zipper pulls,


Here is the d-ring binder.  So easy to use.
I didn't think I'd like being limited by the
small rings, but they worked great!  My
album is 5 and 1/2 " high by 7 and 1/2
 inches long.  You can easily make your
album taller using these.  I'm going to
make my next one 9".
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~  
(Side-bar.  The little brads
flew out of the package when
I opened it and I could only find
one of them.  So I had to use
a non-Tim brad.  His are a little
smaller and silver to match 
the d-ring!)
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 


ZIPPER PULLS

TREASURES:  as in ONE MAN'S 
TRASH IS ANOTHER..........You know 
the rest.  I found a 2 qt. jar full of them at a 
garage sale.  What a find!  I use on everything,
 even flower centers, kind of Steam Punk 
meets Shabby Chic. And, if I don't use them 
all they'd make a great door stop!

Thanks for stopping by, please come 
again and have a blessed day.


Remember to

LIVE THE LIVE YOU LOVE AND LOVE THE LIFE YOU LIVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment