Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Treasures and Pinterest

Who among us doesn't love Pinterest?? I have to admit I'm somewhat addicted. I saw a quote several months ago that I thought worthy of a plaque but I filed it in the back of my mind doomed to be forgotten. 

Miraculously, I not only remembered it last week but it came with an epiphany of how to create it!  If you've read my bio, you know I love beaches & beachcombing.  I collect shells with a vengeance. ( Don't get between me and my shells ;-) !)  I stash them in bags, boxes, jars, bowls, drawers, and bottles and display them everywhere. Along with the shells I've clipped pictures of things made of or decorated with them.  So, I was excited to say the least when this little project started coming together!

DRUM ROLL PLEASE!!!!




"WASH YOUR HANDS AND SAY YOUR PRAYERS
JESUS AND GERMS ARE EVERYWHERE"





  

I spray painted an old silver tray gray, (although now I wish I'd just left it tarnished.)  I trimmed a piece of scrapbook paper to fit inside the rim, printed the quote on velum and glued it on top.  

I had bought a shell lantern at a garage sale so I deconstructed it for the shells around the border. I hot glued other shells, sand dollars and tiny roses around the edge and added bling here and there for some sparkle. I am going to let it live out it's life in our guest bath!

 Now pull out those ideas from the back of your mind and bring them to life. 
You'll get a great sense of satisfaction!


Thanks for stopping by, please come again and remember  -

LIVE THE LIFE YOU LOVE AND LOVE THE LIFE YOU LIVE


1 comment:

  1. Enjoyed catching up with your blog this morning. I gave away all our shells, to the care center, just last week. I will check and see if they are still there and if so will grab them for you to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete